Friday, November 19, 2010

Dr. Lou

I like to watch college football. During halftime on the Thursday night games they have a segment called, “Dr. Lou”. This is where the legendary coach, Lou Holtz, gives advice to people. I really like Lou Holtz. Even though he coached Notre Dame, I don’t hold that against him. He always gives sage advice. Anyway, there are a couple of quotes I remember that I really like.

One of them was a couple of weeks ago. Dr. Lou said, “It’s okay to drink like a fish, if you drink what the fish drink.”

And the one yesterday was the reason I’m doing this whole blog entry. He said, “It’s better to leave your mouth closed and let people think you’re an idiot, than to open your mouth and leave no doubt.”

Like my Grandma often said, “think ahead”.

I could say much more but I’m going to leave it at that. Anyway, I found several more quotes by Lou Holtz that I thought I would share with you.

Lou Holtz quotes:

“Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.”

“Adversity is another way to measure the greatness of individuals. I never had a crisis that didn't make me stronger.”

“If he's got golf clubs in his truck or a camper in his driveway, I don't hire him.”

"I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it.”

“When all is said and done, more is said than done.”

“Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

“Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.”

“Don't tell your problems to people: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them”

“It's not the load that breaks you down - its the way you carry it”

“The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.”

“If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today.”

“Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I'll show you someone who has overcome adversity.”

“No one has ever drowned in sweat.”

“I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary.”

“If you're bored with life - you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things - you don't have enough goals.”

“You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose.”

“Don't be a spectator, don't let life pass you by.”

“Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.”

Well said, Dr. Lou.

That’s my two cents.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent quotes. Thanks for posting them. I got some good laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those quotes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quotes compilation. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete