Thursday, August 11, 2011

Snike Mike

Yesterday I was outside watching dad mow the back seven. As I was navigating my way between the shop and the trailer I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye. So I backed up to see what it was and it was a snake. It slithered across just a couple feet in front of me to try to find a hiding place. I don’t know what kind of snake it was but it was brown with cream-colored longitudinal stripes. Probably about 2 feet long.

I’m glad he was more scared of me than I was of him. I’m not a big fan of snakes. It was pretty cool to see though, I haven’t been that close to a snake (that I know of) since my accident. It’s fun to live out in the wilderness where we can see all kinds of wildlife on our property.

A few weeks ago I scared off a couple of rabbits while I was trying to get closer to some wildflowers. They actually startled me a little because I wasn’t expecting animals to come scampering out of the wildflowers. It was funny because one of them wasn’t sure what to do and instead of running off he just sat there and stared at me until I moved. He was probably only 10 feet away. That was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment