Sunday, February 22, 2015

RIP Aunt Evelyn

I just got news that my great aunt Evelyn died yesterday.  She is my maternal grandfather's sister.  Aunt Evelyn was the most wonderful kindhearted lady who was always genuinely concerned for others.  She called my mother (her niece) on a regular basis to see how everybody was doing.

I have fond memories of family get togethers with my grandpa's side of the family growing up.  She always wanted to be at family gatherings even though she lived far away in Idaho and the gatherings were always in Utah.  She and Uncle Ken would always make the trek from Idaho to Utah. She even came to my missionary farewell.

Aunt Evelyn was the sweetest, kindest lady I've ever known.  Just to let you know what kind of person she was -- she was on the way to the temple when she died.  If anyone is celestial bound, it's her.  I can only hope to try to be as good of a person as Aunt Evelyn.


 Aunt Evelyn, me, Uncle Ken -- January 12, 1992 at my missionary farewell.
And Evelyn in the back behind Grandpa-- I'm guessing sometime in the early 1940s.

RIP Aunt Evelyn

May 8, 1923 - February 21, 2015

I can imagine the wonderful reunion she had with her parents, sister, and my grandma Sylvia.  :-)

Her graduation (funeral) will be held this Saturday @ 11:00 AM in Idaho.

*For family history purposes, she died suddenly and unexpectedly of a AAA -- abdominal aortic aneurysm.

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Evelyn used to call me all the time to check and see how my family was doing. She is definitely an amazing person who has left a legacy of love. She will be spoken of for generations and generations. The heavens have definitely gained an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Aunt Evelyn sooo much!! She was always thinking of others, and I will sorely miss her. She was like my own Aunt, and I felt closer to her than my own Aunts. It will be a grand reunion when we are all called home. Rest well Aunt Evelyn, and may your family be comforted. Words can not express how much you mean to me, and how loved , and welcome you made me feel when I married into the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was one of the best!! I truly loved aunt Evelyn!! You won't find a nicer, most caring, loveable human being than her. I can honestly say she is celestial bound!! I hope I can live up to her great example. I will miss her so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete