Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Myron Hampton Stone Memorial Two-Mile Run

I've been planning on doing a memorial race for Dad since he died last summer.  Now it's almost been a year already.  So I'm organizing a Myron Hampton Stone Memorial two-mile run.

I have spent almost every waking hour over the past week working on designing the T-shirt and ordering supplies and planning.

I was having a hard time deciding what I want to do for the design.  Then the idea came to me and it is awesome!  (If I do say so myself).  I want it to be a surprise so, I'm not going to post it until race day.  I put the final touches on it just this morning.  At least I think I'm done.  :-)  Everybody who e-mailed me their size will receive a T-shirt.  (If you didn't e-mail me but still want a shirt, let me know.)

I also ordered gold, silver, and bronze medals for the top three male and female finishers.  Hopefully we have that many.  :-) And everyone who finishes will get a ribbon.

Here are the details:

Myron Hampton Stone Memorial Two-Mile Run

Date: Saturday, July 25, 2020

Time: 10:00 AM

Place: Graham Kapowsin High School Track (where Dad took his final lap in the hearse)

Address:  22100 108th Avenue East, Graham, WA 98338

Come one, come all.  Everybody is welcome to participate.

Now, I know there are many family members who wish they could participate but live out of state.  I know many of you said you're going to run (or walk) 2 miles on race day.  I would also like to recognize those who participate distantly.  So if you do, e-mail me your names and times (optional) and I will post it on my results page on my blog after the race.

If any details change, I will update this post with the changes.

Hope to see you all on race day!

1 comment: