Wednesday, September 21, 2022

20 Years Ago

20 years ago today my life changed drastically.  Not forever, but for the rest of mortality.  The last 20 years have certainly been difficult and challenging.  Especially for me because I'm so independent.  

So, what has gotten me through these last 20 years and through all the difficulties of life?  The Gift of the Holy Ghost – to help guide and comfort me; the gospel of Jesus Christ – to bring me peace and happiness; and the knowledge of The Plan of Salvation – to remind me that the difficult challenges of mortality are temporary.

One day, because of our Savior, Jesus Christ and His atonement, we will all be resurrected with perfect bodies.  This is a gift to all men who've ever come to earth and received a body.  I am so looking forward to this day!

And, believe it or not, we can find happiness and joy in life, despite our trials and challenges we face in mortality.  Yes, we all get sad, but true happiness and joy are found in living the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Despite the constant difficulties I've endured over the past 20 years, I can truly say that I've had a happy life.  I know there are many people who are miserable in their trials and life because they don't know the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ, or choose not to follow it.

Most people aren't aware of the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  And many who are, take it for granted or choose not to live worthy of receiving his guidance and comfort.  The Gift of the Holy Ghost is truly a sacred treasure.  We receive The Gift of the Holy Ghost when we are baptized and confirmed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Those who choose to receive The Gift of the Holy Ghost are entitled to his constant companionship to guide and comfort us as we navigate through mortality.  The Holy Ghost has helped me make good decisions, get out of dangerous situations, and has comforted me in times of sorrow.

I honestly don't know how people get through life without the guidance and comfort of the Holy Ghost, without the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the joy and happiness it brings, or without the knowledge of Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation.

Life would be much more difficult if I wasn't blessed with The Gospel and all that it entails.  Life is hard enough with it, I can't imagine my life without it.  I have truly been blessed beyond measure!

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. So hard to believe it's been 20 years. Most of it seems like yesterday and other parts seem like forever. Yes, thank goodness for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and knowing Heavenly Father's eternal plan. Some say it's just an idea that people tell themselves to feel better and get through hard things--but with all the life and death experiences we've had in our family--I can say with pure knowledge that it is TRUE. It is REAL. One day, everyone will understand that- but how blessed WE are to know that now!!! Here's to 20 years. A lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that posted anonymously- that was my comment!

    ReplyDelete