Sunday, December 17, 2023

Latter-day Survival Guide

Next year we are studying The Book of Mormon again in Sunday School and "Come Follow Me".  The Book of Mormon is my favorite book of Scripture to study, from the four standard works (The Bible, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price).   The Book of Mormon is my favorite because, even though it is ancient Scripture written 600 B.C.- 421 A.D., it was written specifically for us in our day.

I love this quote from our current prophet: 

"Few things build faith more than does regular immersion in the Book of Mormon. No other book testifies of Jesus Christ with such power and clarity. Its prophets, as inspired by the Lord, saw our day and selected the doctrine and truths that would help us most. The Book of Mormon is our latter-day survival guide" – President Russell M. Nelson, "Embrace the Future with Faith," General Conference, October 2020

I've been listening to The Book of Mormon every morning for over 20 years now.  It starts my day off on the right foot and makes my day go better.  It's a spiritual recharge every morning.

The more I listen to the Book of Mormon the more I realize how pertinent it is for us in our day.  These last days before our Savior, Jesus Christ, comes again are difficult.  There's so much evil everywhere surrounding us.  The Book of Mormon provides a shield and fortress to protect us from those evils.

It is unbelievable how everything in the Book of Mormon is so similar to what is happening in our world today.

If you haven't read it recently, or ever, I would challenge you to do so.  I can promise you that if you do choose to read The Book of Mormon you will be happier and your faith and understanding will increase.

The Book of Mormon truly is our latter-day survival guide.

That's my two cents. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Book of Mormon. It testifies of Jesus Christ, and exposes the tactics of the adversary. It is AMAZING how much it applies to our day. This next year of study will be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete