Thursday, November 19, 2009

Windstorm


We’ve had pretty bad wind storms here the past few days. With gusts upwards of 50 mph. Our weather station indicates that the average wind speed over the past four days has been between 9.0 and 14.8 mph with highs at 49 and 50 mph. Yesterday, dad went and cut up a tree limb that had fallen off one of our maple trees and narrowly missed the new fence he put in. Last night, we lost power just as I was getting ready for bed and about to put my head down for the night. So dad had to get out the generator and hook it up so we could lower my head on my bed. Thankfully, when we had the house built, we thought ahead and had the house wired so that this would be possible. Also last night the wind broke one of the trees I can see out my window. It was already dead but I enjoyed watching the birds sit in that tree quite often. Well, the winds took care of cutting that tree down. At least partially. See attached pictures. The wind also pushed the doors open on the pool house last night. I will be glad when the winds die down and we don’t have to worry about windows breaking or trees falling, etc.

1 comment:

  1. The wind has been fierce!
    Glad you have a way to keep your bed powered. That would be horrible if you didn't.

    ReplyDelete