Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Inconsiderate Jerks

Why don't people have manners anymore? What happened to the days when people actually considered others? It's been said that we are living in a "me generation". I can attest to that. People don't consider how their actions may affect others. All they are concerned about is what is best for them. We live in a very selfish society.

Today while shopping at Sam's Club, we came out of the store to find a car parked in the handicapped loading zone in between two handicapped parking spaces. Now, first of all, when you see a van parked in a handicapped parking space, you might assume it's transporting someone in a wheelchair. And you could deduce that the person needs to use the loading zone to get in and out of the van. Who in their right mind would park in between two handicapped spaces, in the loading zone? An inconsiderate jerk.

Is it really that important to park a few feet closer to the store entrance? Is it going to kill you to walk the few extra steps? The ironic thing is, this tends to happen more often at Christmas time. I don't get out much, and perhaps this is one of the reasons. It's difficult enough to load and unload my wheelchair in the van and navigate through crowded aisles. But when you have to deal with inconsiderate jerks parking in the loading zone, it ruins your day. A fun outing turns into a terrible reminder of the inconsiderate jerks which inhabit this earth.

Don't parents teach manners anymore? Are people really that selfish? This is not a one-time occurrence. Granted, this is the first time I've encountered a car parked in a handicapped loading zone. And next to a handicapped accessible van, no less. (This is probably the first time I've encountered a car parked in the handicapped loading zone because they are generally not big enough to fit a car. This is no exception. In order to give us enough room to load, we had to hug the parking space line, which apparently created enough room to park a small car.) But more often than not, there are carts parked in the handicapped loading zone. As if, it is a cart return. Why do people obviously ignore the big blue sign that designates handicapped parking? How do they expect people in wheelchairs to load into and out of the van, if they parked their cart in the loading zone? Obviously, they don't care. As long as it is quick and easy for them, why should they care about someone else?

I know I've blogged about this last year, but it really irks me when people are so inconsiderate. People violating handicapped parking rules has always been a pet peeve of mine. Long before my accident. I mean really, what kind of low life do you have to be? Obviously a selfish inconsiderate jerk.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I know you are a much better person than me, because if that would have happened to me, I would have done some damage to that car. At the very least I would have put a big dent in the door with a tire jack or some other hard object. And I would not have felt the least bit bad about it, in fact I have been there with you when similar things have happened, but not an actual car in the loading zone, I wish I would have been there, I really would have enjoyed destroying their car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is disgusting that someone would do this. Apparently they don't understand what it means to be handicapped and are just thinking about themselves. I would have left a note telling them how inconsiderate they are. Probably won't help though, people like that are too selfish. Well, sorry this had to happen to you Tam. on a lighter note, i hope you have a happy happy birthday today!!! love you tons.

    ReplyDelete