Monday, February 22, 2010

One More Thing...

What don’t people understand about being quadriplegic? In the process of trying to refinance to get a lower interest rate, I’m being told now that I have to sign my own initials, and get a new power-of-attorney drawn up. Apparently the one I’ve been using for over seven years is not good enough. It was good enough for the first bank, good enough for the IRS, and every other legal situation. They want me to get a doctor’s note saying that I cannot sign. How ridiculous! They make it perfectly clear when you go in there that they cannot discriminate for any reason. Yet, they are discriminating against me because I cannot sign my own name. What’s even more ridiculous is that I was present and read over the documents, and agreed to have my mom sign them for me. This was in front of the guy who drew the papers up.

This world is really messed up.

That’s my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me!?! More of a statement than a question, because I know it's no joke. That is absurd! That reminds me of the horrible hospital experience when you needed to go in for surgery and they wanted you to sign a consent form, knowing full well that you couldn't hold the pen or sign anything. I remember how furious I was at that.

    You do NOT have to get a doctor's note. That is the most ridiculous thing ever. This isn't junior high. A power of attorney holds more power than a doctor's note. Obviously these people do not know the law. If they have a problem with your power of attorney then obviously they are a fly by night, hokey pokey operation.

    ReplyDelete