Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Relief Society Lesson - Developing Good Judgment and Not Judging Others

For my lesson this month I didn't make as many visual aids as I usually do. So this will be a short entry. I would suggest reading the article in the May 2010 Ensign. It is a great conference talk. I told several stories of personal experiences and mom also told some. I think the lesson went well. Anyway, here are my notes.

Developing Good Judgment and Not Judging Others

Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer
April 2010 General Conference

JST Matt. 7: 1-2

Now these are the words which Jesus taught his disciples that they should say unto the people. Judge not unrighteously, that ye be not judged: but judge righteous judgment.

1- put your own personal standards in alignment with the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2- listen to the messages of the living prophet.

3- cultivate with the Holy Spirit a relationship of listening.

4- keep the commandments

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping to hear some of the personal experiences and stories you shared. Those always bring in the Spirit strongly. I know it was a wonderful lesson.

    ReplyDelete