Friday, December 10, 2010

Birthday Surprise


Yesterday I received a wonderful, totally unexpected, birthday surprise. We were in the kitchen getting dinner ready. Michael and his family showed up and Michael came into the kitchen and started singing the answering machine song that he and Jason wrote for me years ago. Then Michael said, "it's just not the same without Jason singing background vocals". And then Jason walked in singing the background vocal part. It was awesome. I never would have guessed in a million years that Jason was coming to my birthday party. Jason flew in from Salt Lake City to attend my birthday party.

I call Jason my plastic brother. He is my brother's best friend and was always around while we were growing up. And even after we were grown. Michael and Jason would come visit me in college, in Logan. And in San Francisco.

It is always fun when Michael and Jason get together. They are hilarious. Suffice it to say that many laughs were shared last night. Thanks Jason, for flying in for my big day. You made it extra special. And thanks to everyone for the wonderful decorations (I think the napkins were special ordered, they fit me to a T. :-)), dinner, cake, cards and gifts. It was a wonderful milestone birthday.

I have more pictures but it's taken me several hours to put these on so I guess that's all I'm going to do right now.

1 comment:

  1. Happy day after your birthday Sweetheart.....We are so glad you chose this family for your earthly visit....Congrats "Big T".

    ReplyDelete