Friday, January 28, 2011

The Domino Effect

Just a thought I had today. I find it interesting how one small decision made by somebody remotely can trigger a domino effect which affects so many people.

All of my siblings are, or potentially will be, affected negatively by a decision made by somebody far away who, I believe, none of us has ever met.

As I contemplate the situation, I can’t help but think about how much our choices or decisions affect others. And not only the obvious, but also people we may not ever know or realize we affected. Or how we affected them.

The domino effect. It can be either positive, such as missionary work, or being a good example. We’ve all heard stories about people joining the Church because of one person. And because of that one person’s conversion many more people are brought into the Church. The domino effect. Or, it can be negative.

I’m sure the person/people making this decision that is affecting my family, has/have no idea how many people and families are being influenced. And not in a good way. But, that’s part of life. We are all affected by others and their choices. Whether we like it or not.

I believe it was Sheri Dew, or someone she quoted, who said that our influence on others is far greater than we realize.

Let’s all strive to make good choices and decisions and be a positive influence on others.

That’s my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment