Thursday, January 6, 2011

Refreshing News

I read some refreshing news on the Internet today. It's reported that Andrew Luck, the Stanford quarterback, has decided to finish his degree in architecture at Stanford and not go to the NFL until he completes his degree. It was also reported that he was to be the number one draft pick in the NFL. And that the Carolina Panthers, I believe, already said they were going to select him if he declared himself eligible for the draft. So, a lot of money, no doubt, was at stake. It's nice to know that there are still people out there who value education more than money. It's nice to know that money is not the top priority for some people. It's very refreshing to hear that a young man chose to stay in college and further his education rather than chase after the almighty dollar. Kudos to Andrew Luck! I've always liked Stanford, but I will be sure to root for them next year. Go Cardinal!

That's my two cents.

3 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to congratulate you "Big T" on your high standards concerning education (that is first on this blog..ha), I too remove my hat, and salute Andrew Luck for not only choosing the right, but setting a good example for the undergraduates throughout our Country. It is good to know that there are still people in our country that can't be bought with money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Richie about it and he said, "Smart kid." I am glad Richie recognizes that. It is a very wise decision on his part. Besides, I'm not a Panther fan. They aren't an original NFL team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Tam! He is even more awesome than I thought! Thanks for sharing Tam!

    ReplyDelete