Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gonzaga got Jimmered!

It was an awesome game. When BYU is on nobody can beat them. Jimmer was amazing tonight as was the rest of the team. All the media reports I read here in Washington were not giving BYU a chance against Gonzaga. That's what made the victory even more sweet. Gonzaga got Jimmered. BYU taught them how to Jimmer.

I'm not really a basketball fan but I jumped on the Jimmermania bandwagon when I saw the game against San Diego State University about a month ago. SDSU got Jimmered that day. That was before the much talked about suspension of one of BYU's star players because of an honor code violation.

I grew up in BYU's backyard and was a big BYU fan during my growing up years. I did not attend BYU but I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints and therefore a BYU fan by default.

I think it's awesome that a bunch of clean-cut, tattooless, college kids with values can make it to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament. Especially since nobody gave them much hope after losing one of their star players to honor code violation suspension.

Now, go teach Florida how to Jimmer!

That's my two cents.

4 comments:

  1. It was an awesome game! Gonzaga definitely got Jimmered.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They will never fredette who jimmered them" I heard this today and I thought it was so clever. I too have jimmermania! Love the Cougs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loved it Tammy. It is always fun when the team you're rooting for wins. Yes, I'm a proud BYU fan. I just hope they can "Jimmer" a few more games. That is one senior they are going to miss next year. GO COUG'S!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an amazing game for BYU. They didn't just beat Gonzaga, they utterly destroyed them. I was quite impressed with Jimmer's outside shooting as well as the rest of the teams play. Great teamwork. If they can play like this for the rest of the tournament, they have a shot at winning it all!

    ReplyDelete