Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bye-bye bin Laden

I have purposely avoided watching any news coverage of Osama bin Laden’s death. Not only because it happened on Sunday night, and I don’t watch any TV on Sunday except BYU-TV, but also because when the news breaks there are very few facts. The anchormen tend to ramble on and on about nothing. They don’t actually tell any news. And in the early stages of breaking news, a lot of the facts are wrong.

In addition to that, I was having a wonderful Sabbath. In the morning we went to my sister’s ward to attend my nephew’s priesthood ordination. It was extra special because it was my first nephew to receive the priesthood, and now my sister will have the priesthood in her home. Also, in the afternoon we had our monthly family home evening get-together. We enjoyed a super delicious roast beef dinner, then the lesson on gifts of the Spirit, and just enjoyed being together as a family.

I didn’t want to spoil such a wonderful day by watching a bunch of news people and politicians spouting off nonsense. I mean really, what more is there to know than the United States military forces killed Osama bin Laden? That takes what, about 5 seconds? I know, people like to know details. But really, when news breaks, details are not available. Wait a few days, let them get their facts straight. Believe me, it will be broadcast ad nauseam. You won’t miss anything by not watching breaking news.

Another interesting aspect which I will relate secondhand, because as I stated I did not watch any coverage. But early Monday morning when my mom came in to help me around 3 AM, she mentioned how prideful and arrogant our President of the United States is. She told me he was saying, “I did this, I did that, It was my decision to…”. Basically saying, “Give me all the glory”. Reminds me of someone else. I’ve always thought that those two share many qualities.

I find it hard to believe that the killing of Osama bin Laden, at this time, is not just a political maneuver aimed at advancing the political career of Barack Hussein Obama. I find it hard to believe that it would take the most powerful country in the world close to 10 years to find and kill Osama bin Laden. I believe that we, as United States citizens, are only fed information that the media/politicians want us to embrace.

That’s my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. I also noticed Obama making sure to accentuate himself in the announcement "at MY discretion" "under MY orders" etc. It was pretty blatant that he wanted full credit.
    His arrogance may back fire on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEP, BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, IT IS ALL A POLITICAL PLOY, AND IF THAT ISN'T APPARENT TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, THEY ARE AS BLIND NOW AS THEY WERE WHEN THEY VOTED HIM IN. WELL SAID ON YOUR BLOG TAM.
    LOVE, DAD

    ReplyDelete