Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Lamanites Shall Blossom As the Rose


I heard an interesting tidbit on the news last night. As of yesterday, there are more Latinos in California than Caucasians or any other race. I know when I lived in Downey, California that I was most certainly a minority. And that was over 10 years ago.

The news report said that California’s the second state to reach that status. New Mexico being the first several years ago. And Texas will be next. Within the next decade they said.

When I heard this report on the news I immediately thought of the prophecy in the Scriptures.

Doctrine and Covenants 49:24 “But before the great day of the Lord shall come, aJacob shall flourish in the wilderness, and the Lamanites shall bblossom as the rose.”

It’s obvious that this prophecy is being fulfilled. My interpretation of that Scripture is that the Lamanites (Latinos) will Blossom in righteousness. Or in other words, will accept the Gospel. Now with the great increase in missionaries, this will happen at an accelerated rate.

Anyway, these were the thoughts that went through my head after I heard the news report yesterday.

That’s my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting for that sign of the times looking for "blossoming." I appreciate your perspective-- I'll have to put that in the hopper and let it spin around for awhile. I have had my own thoughts. It is just my impression but it seems that American Indians are having a revival regarding their heritage. I am not so sure that the Latinos are classified as Lamanites-- I know we were raised to think that in the church but I have since "wondered" about that. Back to the American Indians. If their revival increases their interest in their heritage of which "The Great Spirit" is very integral the perhaps we might see a connection to the Book of Mormon and these aforementioned stirrings.

    ReplyDelete