Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Walker Texas Ranger

Every night after Jeopardy!  Dad and I watch a DVD series.  We just finished Touched by an Angel and are now watching Walker Texas Ranger.

I like Walker because he always gets the bad guys. It's a nice reminder -- in this world we live in where evil seems to predominate -- that good will always prevail over evil. Eventually.

I want to blog some of my favorite quotes that I remember from the show.  Granted these are paraphrased as I'm just going from memory.

-- -- --

Bad guy surrounded by a bunch of other bad guys blocking the doorway, speaking to Walker.
Bad Guy: "Where do you think you're going?"
Walker: "To H if I don't change my ways." -- then he beats all of the bad guys up and walks through the door.

-- -- --

Two bad guys dressed as doctors go into a hospital room to kill the man in the hospital bed.   The covers are over the person in the bed.  When the bad guys take the covers off the man in the bed, they see Trivette (Walker's partner and fellow Texas Ranger).  Then they see Walker in the corner of the room.

Bad Guy: "We're doctors."
Jimmy Trivette: "And we're candy stripers." -- then Walker and Trivette chase after the bad guys as they run out of the door in fear.

-- -- --

Walker speaking to the bad guy.
Walker: "Get out of my way."
Bad Guy: "Make me."
Walker: "Okay." --then he does.  :-)

-- -- --

Wanting to immediately apprehend the bad guys after finding out the bad guys are located in a very dangerous place.
Walker: "Let's go, Trivette."
Trivette: "Nobody goes there without a SWAT team."
Walker: "We do."

-- -- --

Bad Guy: "God is going to curse you Walker."
Walker: "I don't think He's mad at me, but you're in a lot of trouble."

-- -- --

Walker -- pointing a gun at a bad guy after cornering him
Bad Guy: "You wouldn't shoot an unarmed man would you?"
Walker: "No I wouldn't."  "But I will beat the living daylights out of you." -- Then he does.  :-)

-- -- --

Walker: "The truly brave stand up for what they believe in."

-- -- --

I'm sure there are many more quotes that I don't remember but those are the ones that stood out to me thus far.  I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.

Walker Texas Ranger theme song:

"In the eyes of a Ranger,
the unsuspecting stranger
had better know the truth of wrong from right.

'cause the eyes of the Ranger are upon you
any wrong you do he's gonna see
when you're in Texas look behind you
'cause that's where the Ranger's gonna be."

In the fight between good and evil, we know the eventual outcome.  Good will always prevail over evil in the long run.  You are either on one side or the other.  Which side are you on?  I hope you're all on the victorious side.  If you're not, I highly recommend doing what you need to do to get there.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. Hoo Rah for the good guys Tam, and I so love spending the time with you watching Cordell Walker over come the bad guys. You have a sharp mind (who doesn't know that?) to remember those quotes from Walker Texas Ranger. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete