Friday, February 3, 2017

Refreshing

President Trump speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast on February 2, 2017:
THE PRESIDENT: But most importantly today I want to thank the American people. Your faith and prayers have sustained me and inspired me through some very, very tough times. All around America I have met amazing people whose words of worship and encouragement have been a constant source of strength. What I hear most often as I travel the country are five words that never, ever fail to touch my heart: That’s, “I am praying for you.” I hear it so often. “I am praying for you, Mr. President.”
THE PRESIDENT: It was the great Thomas Jefferson who said, “The God who gave us life, gave us liberty.” Jefferson asked, “Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Among those freedoms is the right to worship according to our own beliefs.” That is why I will get rid of and totally destroy the Johnson amendment and allow our representatives of faith to speak freely and without fear of retribution. I will do that. Remember. (applause).
THE PRESIDENT: The world is in trouble, but we’re gonna straighten it out. Okay? That’s what I do. I fix things. We’re gonna straighten it out. Believe me, when you hear about the tough phone calls I’m having, don’t worry about it. Just don’t worry about it. They’re tough. We have to be tough. It’s time we’re gonna be a little tough, folks. We’re taken advantage of by every nation in the world, virtually. It’s not gonna happen anymore. It’s not gonna happen anymore. 
Those are a few quotes from President Trump speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast yesterday.  What refreshing words coming from a President of the United States. Bringing God back to the forefront of this nation and protecting religious freedoms. And fixing the mess that the previous administration caused.  President Trump is wasting no time making America great again.  It's refreshing to have a President who keeps his word and is doing exactly what he said he would do. So refreshing!

That's my two cents.

1 comment: