Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Snowstorm

It snowed all day Sunday.  This is what we woke up to Monday morning.
 We had about a foot and a half of snow on the ground.  It's very pretty but made going anywhere impossible.
 Facing East.  Dog tree on the left.  I love this photo with the fence and the neighbor's forest. So pretty!
 Facing south.  Backyard.
 Facing north.  Notice that the snow is to the top of the flagpole circle.
Facing west.
Facing East again.  Garden area behind kitchen.  Look at all the snow on the poor Japanese maple.  Our coral bark maple in the front lost a few branches from the weight of the snow.  :-(

This is the biggest snowstorm we've had this year and maybe ever since we've lived here.  It melted a little yesterday but we still have a good foot on the ground.  And to make it worse it's icy today.

Hailing from Utah I am no stranger to snow.  I like snow.  Reminds me of home and the good old days.  Since I don't have to drive in it, I don't mind if it stays a little longer.  I think it's pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment