Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Friend of Mine

You know the old song that says, "you ain't nothing but a hound dog crying all the time... you ain't never caught a rabbit and you ain't no friend of mine"?

Well, that doesn't apply to Abinadi.  Yes, he likes to "cry all the time".  Especially when the phone rings!  He hates it when people call here.  :-)  I actually like it when he howls.  I think it's cute and he does warn us when people come.

But the part about never catching a rabbit is not true.  Yesterday he killed a rabbit and was eating it.  Well, we think he killed it.  He was eating it anyway.  At least he didn't kill it and let it go to waste. He is a responsible hunter.  :-)

Some people like to personify dogs but they are animals who have natural instincts.  Their brains are hardwired to hunt.

Abinadi is a good friend of mine.  I guess he would be a good friend of Elvis now too.  :-)

 I don't have many pictures of my good friend Abinadi.  This is probably my favorite.  I cropped it out of the photo Lisa took a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment