Friday, September 8, 2017

RIP Troy Gentry

I just read that Troy Gentry, half of the duo Montgomery Gentry, died in a helicopter crash today.  Montgomery Gentry was the last concert I saw before my accident.  I saw them at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth Texas with my residency peeps.  It was fun!  Juliet and I used to like to sing along to Montgomery Gentry back in the day when we lived in California.  Troy Gentry was only a few years older than me. I was a little shocked to hear he was dead.

Time to play my Montgomery Gentry albums on iTunes.  :-)

RIP Troy Gentry!
Raw footage of Troy Gentry that I took at Billy Bob's in 2002.

Picture I took at the Montgomery Gentry concert at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth Texas August or September 2002

*addendum* I just barely read that Don Williams "the gentle giant" also died today at age 78. RIP Gentle Giant!

4 comments:

  1. Dang man! I can't believe it! I loved their music! Still do! I guess we will always have their music at least. I am shocked! I guess it was his time to go.:(
    RIP T-ROY!! "This is my town"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I hadn't even heard about it until I read this post. Montgomery Gentry was good. Awesome that you were able to see them in concert. Tragic for him to die so young. Guess I'll listen to some MG now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just learned that Don Williams "The Gentle Giant" just died today too. He was 78. What Do You Do With Good Old Boys Like Me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don's taste in mandolin players was unparalleled.
    https://youtu.be/nWR78buhHbI

    ReplyDelete