Friday, December 22, 2017

I'm a Genius!

We bought a new pre-amplifier for our television antenna hoping to get a stronger signal.  To make a long story short, after putting the new one up-- no signal, putting the old one back up (that used to work)-- no signal, waiting to order a new dual gain preamplifier, putting it up and still no signal, we were very disappointed. At that point I figured we should have left well enough alone but it was too late for that. Dad had climbed up and down the roof multiple times to no avail.  To make matters worse, it began snowing this morning. There was nothing more we could do outside.

I called and talked to technical support and she couldn't help me so I made an appointment to have a special technician call next Tuesday. Because of Christmas on Monday, that was the earliest appointment available.  Then a light bulb went off.   I told Dad, let's try one more thing.  So he followed my instructions and, to be perfectly honest I wasn't all that hopeful, but it worked!

I am a genius!  And I don't even know very much about televisions, antennas, coaxial cables, preamplifiers or anything to do with that kind of thing.  I have always had a scientific mind and been a logical thinker.  That's what I attest it to. Well, that and just plain being a genius.  :-) Come to think of it, I think it had more to do with the latter.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment