Saturday, February 23, 2019

Jumpsuits Rock

Jumpsuits are the epitome of fashion.  I love me a good jumpsuit.  Yes, I am a child of the 70s.  If it's good enough for the King of rock 'n roll, it's good enough for me.  The Osmond Brothers felt the same way.  They rocked some awesome jumpsuits back in the day. Elvis told the Osmonds that they should wear jumpsuits to look more macho.  It worked.

Elvis in his peacock jumpsuit.
Perhaps Donny is paying homage
in The Masked Singer.
Just a bit of trivia.  Elvis paid the designer $10,000 for the peacock jumpsuit.  Apparently it was his favorite.  Elvis believed peacocks brought good luck.  It sold in 2008 for $300,000. A record for Elvis memorabilia at the time.  Not sure if the record still stands.  But it's only apropos that the record should go to a jumpsuit.  :-)  Perhaps the peacock will bring Donny good luck in The Masked Singer.

Image result for Elvis jumpsuit photograph
Awesome bellbottoms
I'm a bling kind of girl so I love all the embellishments on the jumpsuits.  And let's not forget the belt.  The belt is a key accessory to a good looking jumpsuit.

Image result for Osmond jumpsuit photograph
The Osmond Brothers
Alan, Merrill, Donny, Jay, Wayne
If my information is correct, the Osmonds also used the same designer as Elvis.

Osmond Brothers performing Yo-Yo September 16, 1971
I actually took a screenshot of the Yo-Yo video so I could post the black jumpsuits.  So cool. I love how each jumpsuit is a little bit different and they each have their own accessory color.

Anyone who was cool in the 70s had a jumpsuit.  Even Evel Knievel wore jumpsuits.  I rest my case.

When we were kids growing up in the 70s, Lisa and I had jumpsuits.  We both remember them.  We have photographic evidence somewhere which we are still searching for.  When/if we find it I will post it here.

70s fashions made a brief comeback around the turn of the millennium.  Bell bottoms, platforms, jumpsuits -- all the awesomeness of the 70s.  Unfortunately it didn't last long.  But I was lucky enough to find this gem.

December 17, 2001
It's even got an awesome belt!  Not quite the bling of Elvis and the Osmonds but then again this is everyday wear, not made for performing. 


Notice the platform shoes intact.  :-) I had my fair share of platform shoes.  Love them!



My Charlie's Angels pose.

The lighting is weird on this picture.
Must be my vertical blinds in that apartment.
I loved that jumpsuit.  As you can probably tell by all of the self-portraits.  :-) Not only are jumpsuits quite comfortable, they make you look good too!  ;-)

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment