Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for many things in my life.  The good Lord has blessed me abundantly.  But today I want to express my thanks for the two most important blessings in my life.  My family and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

My family has always been extremely close and we are always there for each other.  I'm especially grateful for the goodly parents I was blessed with.  They taught me truth and molded me into the woman I am today.  I am extremely grateful for their efforts in raising me and teaching me.  And for always being there for me -- especially over the last 17 years as they dedicated their lives to caring for me.  For that I'm eternally grateful.  I really miss my dad more than I ever thought possible.  I know we will be together again soon but that knowledge doesn't help the separation now.

I'm also extremely grateful for my siblings.  And especially for my sisters in stepping up to care for me to help fill Dad's void. It's not easy on any of us, but that's what family does.  I'm so thankful for the wonderful family I have been blessed with.

I'm also extremely grateful for the truths I've been taught and know.  Without the gospel of Jesus Christ, I would be lost.  I honestly don't know how people survive mortality without it.  Mortality is hard enough with the knowledge of truth and the gospel of Jesus Christ to guide us.

I am so thankful for parents who taught me the gospel of Jesus Christ in my youth and throughout my life.  I'm thankful for the guidance and direction the gospel brings me.  I'm grateful for the covenants I've made and try to keep.

Today we focus on giving thanks.  But really, thanksgiving should be something that is ingrained in us and something that is second nature.  We should always give thanks for our many blessings.  And we should look for and recognize the abundance of blessings the Lord pours down upon us daily.
"...“thank you” frequently expressed will cheer your spirit, broaden your friendships, and lift your lives to a higher pathway as you journey toward perfection. There is a simplicity—even a sincerity—when “thank you” is spoken."  -- President Thomas S. Monson
If we do express thanks frequently we will be happier and our lives will be elevated to a higher pathway on our mortal journey.

It is my prayer that we may all follow the admonition of a beloved prophet of God and focus on giving thanks more and recognizing all that the Lord blesses us with every day.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment