Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Missing Dad on Christmas

As we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, today, I can't help but think about Dad actually being with Him and, perhaps, celebrating His birthday with Him in person.

Things won't be the same this Christmas Day, or in the future.  Dad loved getting presents and was extraordinarily good at guessing what his presents were before he unwrapped them.

I know we will all be missing Dad today.  But it is comforting to know that he is actually with our Savior.  Dad may not be with us in body but we can all celebrate the miraculous birth and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ, from both sides of the veil.


These pictures were taken last Christmas.  Dad's last Christmas with us.


I can't help but notice the way the light is shining on Dad.


I love these last pictures taken of Dad at Christmas time.  He is dressed up fine in his suit -- looking angelic and radiating heavenly light.  

I love and miss you, Dad.  Tell Jesus happy birthday for me.

Merry Christmas everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment