Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Guitar Picks

A month ago I ordered a 100 pack of guitar picks to put on our Christmas lottery table this year.  Well, yesterday when we were putting everything out I noticed that the package looked awfully small for 100 picks.  So I had Lisa open the package and count them.  There were only 53!

So I contacted customer service to ask them if they could please send me the 47 picks that they omitted from my order.  Of course that was too easy of a request.  They want to make me jump through a bunch of hoops to remedy their mistake!

They couldn't just send me 47 more picks.  They told me they could send a replacement but it wouldn't be here in time for Christmas.  They would have to send a replacement package of 100.  And I would have to send these 53 back to them.

I know they also sell them in 25 packs.  I don't know why they couldn't have just sent me two of those.  Of course that would be too easy.  They want me to print out a return label.  Find packaging to return it.  Then take it to UPS.  And I don't even want to return it!  I just want them to fulfill the order that I purchased.

So after some back-and-forth, I finally just told her I would return them.  But UPS will have to come pick them up. Why should we have to waste our time and money driving the package to a UPS drop-off location?  For their mistake!  It's bad enough that I have to print a label, repackage it and wait for UPS to come get something I don't even want to return. Just because they didn't give me what I ordered.

To pay the UPS driver and waste all that time and fuel driving up here just to pick up 53 guitar picks costs more than they are worth.

Image preview

Not only is it terrible business practice but it also creates angry customers.  Especially when there is a logical, cost-effective solution.

So sorry kids, these guitar picks will not be on the Christmas lottery table this year.  :-(

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment