Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Stone Family Reunion

This past weekend we held the Stone Family Reunion.  I worked hard all year organizing it.  I designed a family tree with pictures for our T-shirts.


 
That was my first design before I added the spouses and kids.



I wanted to go one more generation but the pictures would have been too small and I didn't have photos of everyone's kids.

I was lucky to find all the photos I needed of our ancestors to complete this tree.  Some of the photos were found in answer to prayer.

I think it turned out really nice, if I do say so myself.  :-)

Friday we had the talent show.  I was hoping more people would participate.  But it was still fun.


Cute poster Lisa made for the talent show.  Too bad a few of the acts canceled.  :-(



Lisa read some cowboy poetry.  She even wrote a poem called "The Ranch" about our childhood visits to our grandparents ranch.  I think some tears were shed.  She did an awesome job!


Spectators watching the talent show.

Elijah and Cody sharing their guitar playing talent.


My talent was a disaster.  I tried sharing some family history information.  But it was a fiasco.  I wasn't prepared.  To save my energy I had Aunt Alice read the history of Newell Elbert Stone that I asked him to write and send to me back in 1997. It was way too long and boring.  Mistakes have been made.

And to top it off, I forgot to display the family tree chart that I had Lisa help me make.  She did an awesome job putting it together and I can't believe I forgot it!  Below is a picture of it.

 It would've been nice to have this displayed for people to look at.  What a disaster.

Lisa and Rex sang a beautiful song about resurrection while Lisa displayed photos of family members who have died.  It was a beautiful testimony that we will one day be reunited with our resurrected loved ones.  It was very powerful and the Spirit was strong.

Other talent shared were Kylee showing her artwork.  Cora showing double-jointedness.  And we ended with Stephanie's talent (even though she couldn't be there).  Stephanie made a video of Dad's running career.  It was amazing!  We all watched it in the theater. 

The kids loved swimming and the never ending all-you-can-eat softserve ice cream.




Saturday we had the second annual Myron Hampton Stone 2 mile Memorial run.  Which started out as a fiasco with the gates being locked to the track at Graham Kapowsin High school.  After I went to all the trouble of going through Bethel school district facility use request.  It was approved and I paid insurance.  Just to have it locked when we all got there for the race Saturday morning.

We ended up going to Eatonville high school -- like we did last year.  And we had a nice fun race.  I already posted about the race.

Afterwards we came back home for hoagies.  Elijah and Cody set up their guitars to play a short concert for us.  It was fun.  Wish it would have been longer.  Maybe next year after the race they will play a full concert.  :-)

Elijah


Cody

Rex and Uncle Ron sporting their race shirts.

Elijah and Cody playing music after the race.

Jason, Rex, and Miley


Everybody enjoying the concert by Elijah and Cody.

It was a fun couple of days.  I hope everybody had an enjoyable time.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment