Saturday, September 18, 2021

Falling Flag

Yesterday was a stormy day here, with high winds.  Around dusk, I was sitting in my bed, looking out the window watching the flagpole sway back and forth.  From my vantage point I can see the bottom half of the flagpole.  Suddenly I saw what looked to be a piece of the American flag fly through the wind and fall to the ground.

At first I thought that the winds had ripped a piece of our flag off.  But that seemed unlikely considering that it was in good shape; untattered, well-made, and strong.  I began to think that I was just seeing things.  But, when Lisa came in my room, I told her what I thought I saw.  So she went outside to check it out.

Sure enough, she found, not just a piece of our flag, but the entire American flag laying on the ground.  Apparently the pulley system that raises and lowers the flag had failed -- completely broke&.  How this happened I have no idea.  I just know it's broken now and we have no way to fly our American flag.

The symbolism wasn't lost on me.  I immediately thought how our American flag flying through the wind and falling to the ground represents the fall of our nation.  The flag represents freedom and the strength of our nation.

Because of evil leaders in all branches of our government, especially the current presidential administration, our country is no longer the land of the free and the home of the brave.  Like our flag yesterday, our freedoms are flying away and falling to the ground.  Our once great, strong nation is being sold out and bowing to evil foreign governments and terrorists.

It was sad to see our American flag carried about with the winds and fall to the ground.  It is even sadder to see our great nation, The United States of America, being tossed with the wind, and falling from greatness.  

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment