Sunday, August 21, 2022

Elvis and Me

My friend, Crista, sent me an email a few days ago informing me that she had sent me a gift in the mail and to be expecting it.  She and her husband, Aaron, and their four kids came to visit last month on their way to Guam.  Aaron is in the Navy and was being stationed in Guam.  It was fun seeing them again.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I received the gift in the mail.  It brought a smile to my face. I had Lisa set it up for me and, well, here is a picture of me with the gift. 


It's a life-size cardboard cutout of Elvis.  Thanks Crista.  Now, Elvis is always with me while I'm on my computer.

I didn't remember that Crista knew that I was an Elvis fan.  But Lisa reminded me that we sang Elvis songs when we did karaoke.  Crista and Aaron came to my apartment in San Francisco a few times when we all were in podiatry school there.  One time we had dinner and sang karaoke.  The cops may or may not have been involved.  :-)  I do have a vague memory of Aaron singing some Elvis stuff.  Fun times!

Anyway I had Lisa take this picture of me with gold lame Elvis this morning.  :-)  

Now, there are two good-looking people.  :-)

That's my two cents.

1 comment: