Monday, July 24, 2023

July 23

July 23 is a special day to me.  In 1993 it is the day I returned from serving a full-time mission for the Lord for 18 months.  This year marks 30 years since my return!  I can't believe it's been 30 years since I stepped off that plane from Tampa in Salt Lake City.  Completing my full-time mission is arguably my greatest accomplishment in life.  30 years is a long time.  I'm old.  :-)  Like the song says, it's funny how time slips away.




July 23 is also the day that my dad graduated from mortality in 2019.

Yesterday was July 23.  It was the fourth anniversary of Dad's death.  We held his annual Memorial run the day before.  We've done it every year since his death.  It is my way of honoring him and his legacy.  I know he was there running the race with everybody.  I'm sure he lapped everybody several times.  :-)

Thanks, Dad, for waiting until my special day to graduate from mortality.  I feel honored and blessed to be your daughter.







God be with you till we meet again!

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment