Sunday, April 21, 2024

The Path

I read a portion of this quote in the Liahona this morning.  I really liked it, so I went to the source and found the full quote.  I'm not going to elaborate because I just want to get this posted today.  But I really love this quote by Elder Renland.

"No matter how long we have been off the path or how far away we have wandered, the moment we decide to change, God helps us return. From God’s perspective, through sincere repentance and pressing forward with a steadfastness in Christ, once back on the path, it will be as if we were never off. The Savior pays for our sins and frees us from the looming decrease in happiness and blessings. This is referred to in the scriptures as forgiveness. After baptism, all members slip off the path—some of us even dive off. Therefore, exercising faith in Jesus Christ, repenting, receiving help from Him, and being forgiven are not onetime events but lifelong processes, processes that are repetitive and iterative. This is how we “endure to the end.”

"We need to choose whom we will serve. The magnitude of our eternal happiness depends on choosing the living God and joining Him in His work."  – Elder Dale G. Renlund, "Choose You This Day", October 2018 General Conference

I love this quote so much because so many people feel like they've been off the covenant path so long that there is no hope for them to return.  But this is not true!  There is hope for everyone.  No matter how far off the path we wander or for how long we've been gone.  That's the beauty of our Savior's atonement.

I really like the part that says that once we are back on the path it was like we never left.  I love that.  So beautiful. 

So if you've wandered off the path, please choose to come back.  The magnitude of our eternal happiness depends on whom we choose to serve.  Please choose to serve God on His covenant path.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment