Sunday, June 27, 2010

Relief Society Lesson - Generations Linked in Love

I am teaching relief society today. Once again, I thought I would post my lesson outline/visual aids. With the help of my mom and Lisa, I also made a pedigree chart with pictures of my ancestors. It's pretty cool. I also have a few stories to tell about some of my ancestors. Wish me luck!

Generations Linked in Love

Elder Russell M. Nelson
April 2010 General Conference

“The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead.”
-Joseph Smith

You first identify individuals for whom you desire to do temple work.

Then you print out a Family Ordinance Request.

This document provides the information needed at the temple and eliminates the need to take computer discs with you.

From the Family Ordinance Request, ordinance cards are printed at the temple. After an ordinance is performed, it is recorded and entered into new FamilySearch that very day.

The new FamilySearch system changes the dynamics of family history work by facilitating the creation of one common pedigree.

While temple and family history work has the power to bless those beyond the veil, it has an equal power to bless the living. It has a refining influence on those who are engaged in it. They are literally helping to exalt their families.

4 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you luck sweetheart, but doubt that you will need it, as you are well prepared as usual. Another fine job Tammy. Good Job!!! Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your lesson went well today, Tam. I'll call you so you can tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your lesson was awesome as always. One of these days I'm going to go to Ross and buy a dress so I can sit in on the actual lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happened upon your blog when googling this talk for some more ideas for my RS lesson tomorrow. Hope yours went well! :) I browsed your blog for a bit and it looks like you and I have taught on a number of the same talks. I'll be blog stalking you in the future for more lesson ideas!
    Sincerely,
    Katherine Sam :)

    ReplyDelete