Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Mom



My mom is the best person in the world. I know that’s a pretty bold statement but it’s true. She is my angel. I wish I was half the person she is. She has recently been diagnosed with an aggressive bone marrow cancer, multiple myeloma. She had a port implanted yesterday, for venous access, and has been very sick. In fact, she’s in the emergency room right now because she has some excessive bleeding at one of the incision sites. She starts aggressive chemotherapy on Monday.

I am devastated by the thought of losing my mom. Everybody needs their mom no matter how old you are. I guess I am just selfish, but there is nothing like the comfort of your mother. Especially in my situation, she is my everything. My mom is the most selfless, giving, caring, loving, and yes even the most patient person I know.

I am so lucky to be able to spend so much time with her. I cherish all the times we’ve had together while she cares for me and all of the nice 2 AM chats we’ve had. It breaks my heart to see her suffer. She is the toughest person I know. She has superhuman strength. If anyone can get through this extremely tough time, I know she can. I LOVE YOU MOM! Now go kick Cancer’s can!

2 comments:

  1. We were truly blessed to be born to such a wonderful Mom! I also agree that she is the best Mom ever!

    ReplyDelete