Sunday, October 16, 2011

Worried Sick

In light of recent events, I have literally worried myself sick. Yesterday I started having a sore throat which progressively got worse and then came fever, chills, generalized malaise, and lots of dysreflexia. I don’t get sick very often but when I do, it’s really bad. Mom and I did not sleep a wink last night. I’m still feeling pretty sick. But I’m not writing this to complain. But to share with you a tender mercy that I received.

As I was trying to fall asleep last night I was having difficulty breathing. Elephants were sitting on my stomach and my head was congested so I had to breathe through my mouth. My breathing was quite labored and my throat was hurting pretty bad breathing through my mouth. Amongst all the other constitutional symptoms I had making me pretty miserable.

So, I asked Heavenly Father for a tender mercy. Incredibly, my throat pain decreased dramatically. Of course, I still had all of the other problems but, I was extremely grateful for the small tender mercy I received.

I have had strep throat many times in my life and the sore throat never goes away that quickly. It usually lasts for several days not just three or four hours. So I know Heavenly Father answered my prayer and is watching over us. Thanks to everyone who offered up a prayer in my behalf. I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. You are always in our prayers Tammy!! I hope you feel better soon!! I hope mom gets some rest too!! let me know if I can help! Still planning on canning chicken tuesday with you!!

    ReplyDelete