Sunday, April 15, 2012

Michael’s Country Concert

Yesterday was a good day. We had all been looking forward to hearing my brother, Michael, play his country concert ever since he announced it several months ago. Life kept getting in the way, and he finally decided he better just do it, even if he wasn’t totally ready.

He played for about two hours, but it seemed like two minutes. It was the best concert I have ever been to. And I have been to a lot. He played all good songs mostly from the 80s. Reminded me of being back at 852.J

Michael is an incredible vocalist and guitarist. Some of the songs, I thought, sounded better than the original artist. A few tears were shed, and many laughs were shared. It was fun!

Michael learned the gambler on guitar so Rex could sing it. That was fun. The highlight was probably, Meet Me in Montana. Lisa, Chanelle, and Derrinda sang Marie Osmond’s part. They practiced really hard to try to get the harmonies right. Marie Osmond hard to come by. Anyway it was fun. Michael even worked up my favorite Mark Chesnutt song, which was awesome. Even though it didn’t have the greatest message L .

Afterwards, the kids had fun singing a few songs. It’s amazing how Michael can follow along on guitar to songs he never even learned before or practiced. Lisa started busting out singing In the Ghetto, and Michael followed right along and didn’t miss a beat. It was astounding.

Thanks for sharing your talents with us, Michael. You are amazing. It was awesome!


*Update: I worked hard trying to upload the video version of Meet Me in Montana to no avail. I produced it three times in three different versions. It won't load to blogger.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice words Tam! I am not nearly as talented as you say I am, but I'll take whatever compliments I can get. I am glad you enjoyed it. I wish I had been a little bit more prepared, but I figured nobody would care about a few mistakes. I will try to be better prepared next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Tammy, it was fantastic, and I've seen ELVIS in concert 3 times. Everyone that performed did a fabulous job. I especially liked the way Mike changed the offensive words in some of the songs to good words, and didn't miss a beat! He has more talent in his little pinky, than I have in my whole body. Sure makes me want to take guitar lessons from him. "ROCK ON" Son. Love, G'Pa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am relieved that Blogger is not letting the Meet Me In Montana video post. That's something only those who were there in person should have the privilege of hearing. :)

    ReplyDelete