Sunday, September 30, 2012

Young Women Lesson -- Testimony


Today I had the opportunity to teach the young women in our ward. I received a call about a week and a half ago asking me if I would teach the girls about testimony. So, of course, I agreed. It has been over 20 years since I set foot in a young women’s classroom. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go but the girls actually were quite good and even participated. My lessons never go quite like I want them to – I always end up leaving important things out that I want to say –but it went okay. Anyway, I thought I would post my notes – overheads that we put on the chalkboard – like I do for my Relief Society lessons.

A testimony is sure knowledge received from the Holy Ghost that:

Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of the world.

Joseph Smith is the prophet through whom God restored the gospel.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true Church and is led by a prophet today.

How to

Gain a

Testimony






Desire to believe

Study the scriptures and the words of the modern prophets

Pray with real intent

Live gospel principles

Fast and pray

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your sickness and pains subsided enough to allow you to teach the lesson you had prepared today. I am sure the girls were touched by the words, thoughts, and testimony you shared with them.

    ReplyDelete