Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Case in Point: Sin Does Make You Stupid

Several months ago I did a blog post entitled, "Does Sin Makes You Stupid?".  Interestingly, I've been thinking about that blog post over the past couple of days.  And then I heard through the grapevine a true story that corroborates my theory that sin does make you stupid.

In order to tell the story I'm going to make up a word.  I'm going to call the male equivalent of floozy a floozer.  It just seems like -er is a good masculine suffix.  :-)

The story goes something like this: A floozer -- who left his wife and kids for the floozy with whom he is traveling -- and his floozy are traveling together and stop at a motel to spend the night.  The floozy leaves her purse in the car, and if that were not bad enough, the purse contains a loaded handgun. And to top it off, the floozer leaves the car unlocked.

If John McEnroe is reading this I'm sure he is saying, "You cannot be serious!"  :-)

Well, it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out what happened next.  Especially knowing that motel parking lots to a robber are like a kid in a candy store.  Yes, after practically inviting a thief to take the purse -- it was stolen.

You must know, that I could have a heyday with this story.  But I'm going to let you draw your own conclusions. I wanted to insert a bunch of color commentary in the story but I tried to stick with the facts, which speak for themselves.

I can just hear Bill Engvall saying, "Here's Your Sign".

Suffice it to say -- Sin really does make you stupid!

That's my two cents.


No comments:

Post a Comment