Sunday, April 3, 2016

Righteous Leaders

Having just watched General Conference this weekend I feel such gratitude for righteous men who dedicate their lives to serving the Lord and His Church and those of us who are members of the Lord's Church.

It's nice to know that there are strong, righteous men who are willing to lead, teach, and serve.  This conference was even more special knowing that my uncle is now amongst the ranks of those elite men.  It is such a sacred responsibility they take upon themselves and I am grateful to all of them who are willing to do such.

Watching those men (and women) as they spoke with such confidence and tenderness, I couldn't help but feel their love for me, and my Savior's love for me.  It's such a contrast to everything else surrounding me and us in this world.

I especially loved Elder Holland's talk -- even though I missed most of it :-( -- I can't wait to watch it again.  It's nice to know that trying counts.  :-)

I really love Elder Holland and all the first presidency and quorum of the 12.  I feel like I know them personally even though I have never met any of them.

Watching General Conference is such a privilege.  I wish more people understood how lucky we are to sit at the feet of apostles and prophets and listen to what the Lord wants us to hear.  Seems like most people take it for granted or consider conference weekend a break from church.  Such a shame.

 I'm looking forward to watching this conference again many times over the next six months.  I'm so grateful for the restored gospel and for righteous leaders.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment