Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter And General Conference

Happy Easter everybody!  I love it when Easter falls on General Conference.  It's such a special way to celebrate the monumental event of the resurrection of our Savior.  I love listening to our Church Leaders bear testimony of our Savior on Easter.

Yesterday was a very special day as all church members were able to participate in a solemn assembly.  The spirit was exceedingly strong while we were sustaining our new Prophet and President of the Church, Russell M. Nelson. It was a very special experience as the Spirit testified that Russell M. Nelson is truly the Lord's chosen prophet on the earth today.

When we raise our hands to sustain the prophet and leaders of the church, we are not just agreeing with the calling.  We are pledging to support them in their calling, pray for them, defend them as they speak truth, and do what we can to support them in their call to serve the Lord. Sustaining the Prophet and apostles is not a passive endeavor.

I have loved all of the talks I've heard so far in General Conference.  I will just paraphrase what I got out of what our Prophet said.  He talked about the Holy Ghost and personal revelation.  He said that in these trying times in which we live we will not survive spiritually without personal revelation.  We all need to learn how to receive personal revelation and learn to recognize the whispers of the Holy Ghost.  We are preparing the world for the Lord's second coming.

When the text comes out I will post some direct quotes from President Nelson's first address as a prophet of God.  They are much more eloquently spoken that I can paraphrase.

I hope we will all remember our Savior on this Easter Sunday.  Remember all that He has done for us as we celebrate His glorious resurrection.

Happy Easter!

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment