Friday, September 21, 2018

Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself

You may wonder why I post so many religious warnings.  Why do I bother looking up quotes and posting them to my blog?  It actually is a lot of work.  I'll tell you why.  Because I want everybody to enjoy the happiness and eternal joy of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have been blessed beyond measure to have the gospel in my life throughout my mortal existence.  I want everyone else to have that blessing.  That is why I chose to serve a full-time mission.  That is why spent 18 months in the prime of my life teaching the Gospel to people full-time.  That's why I now put forth the effort to look up quotes and scriptures that touch me and post them to my blog.

I listen to the Book of Mormon every morning.  It makes my day go better.  And I still learn things even though I've heard them multiple times.  President Nelson, the living prophet of God, just told us last Saturday that if we will read and study the Book of Mormon on a daily basis that we will be immunized from the evils that would make us fall away from the gospel.

The Book of Mormon exposes Satan's tactics.  The Book of Mormon is chock-full of examples of people falling from the truth of the Gospel and the tactics Satan uses to get them to fall.  Interestingly, Satan's tactics haven't changed in millennia.  It's uncanny how similar the Book of Mormon stories are to our day. 

The Book of Mormon was actually written for our day.  Therefore people would be wise to heed the Prophet's counsel to read and study the Book of Mormon daily.  The Book of Mormon teaches the Doctrine of Christ in simplicity.  The Book of Mormon warns of consequences if we do not heed the counsel contained therein and follow the Doctrine of Christ. The Book of Mormon exposes Satan's tactics so we will see his true colors and not fall for his lies and temptations.

Anyway my point in writing this blog post was to explain why I continue to post religious warnings despite the effort it takes and the apparent lack of heeding.

The Lord has explained very clearly to us that "it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor."

Doctrine and Covenants 88:81-82
81 Behold, I sent you out to testify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor.
82 Therefore, they are left without excuse, and their sins are upon their own heads.
I have been blessed to "have been warned" since my childhood.  I have been taught the gospel and have studied it my entire life.  Therefore I consider it my duty to "warn my neighbor". 

I understand the consequences of those who don't heed the warning.  I don't wish that upon my worst enemy.  It breaks my heart to see people reject the Savior and His teachings and miss out on the happiness His gospel brings.  Therefore I will continue to "warn my neighbor".

Life is too short to not heed the warning.  We are in the closing minutes of the 11th hour before the second coming of our Savior Jesus Christ.  Satan is burning the candle at both ends and so must we.

So when you see yet another religious post on my blog, know that I am just trying to be a good neighbor.  Know that my efforts are intended to benefit you!

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment