Monday, July 29, 2019

Tribute to Dad from Jason


My nephew in law, Jason, wrote a beautiful, loving tribute to my dad on Instagram. I thought it was so lovely that I wanted to post it to my blog.

Jason is a wonderful, caring, sweet young man whom I am pleased to call my nephew.  Mercedes could not have chosen a better husband. 

Dad and Jason hugging goodbye
From Jason's Instagram:

"Yesterday we laid the mortal remains of my dear Grandpa Stone into their final resting place. Grandpa "Mike" was given full military honors as he was an Honorable Vietnam Veteran. He went through much in his life and it shaped both him and his posterity into tough and courageous children of God. He was known to all that were Blessed to meet him as a good friend.

I didn't get much time to become acquainted with Grandpa but I deeply cherish the time I had. I remember being a bit anxious to meet him because I was told he'd be the hardest relative (at the time future relative) to gain the approval of. However, being the stubborn and silly guy that I am, I had decided I was going to do all that I could to become his favorite. I never could have been prepared for the warm and unupbraided welcome he instantly gave to me 😭😍 I've been Blessed with the gift of being able to Discern or "read" people. I knew right off the bat that he was a man of tender spirit who loved all who he came in contact with. I loved being around and talking with Grandpa 💞 He was one of the first people we told about being pregnant and upon hearing the joyous news he wept. For a man who had been through so much more than most people would even think possible, let alone survivable, he was such a tender man.

Grandpa had an open heart and willingly let all in. The Savior does that.

It was nice to hear the heartfelt words his four amazing children had to say about Grandpa and his life. They all shared such great and simple memories of the sacrifices he made 💞 I love how beautifully Aunt Tammy put it. She simply said "...that's my Dad." after she mentioned a great experience he Blessed someone with.

Grandpa was not a man possessed of unrighteous pride. Not a single bit of it could penetrate his soft heart, well-worn as it was. He was a man with humility who took humble pride in his work ethic and in his family.

He is an honorable hero, loving husband, fun father to more than his own children, grandfather to many, great-grandfather to one and close relative and dear friend to so many more!

Simply put, Grandpa "Mike" was a man who put every effort forward to show his Love and it reflected in the lives of those whom he met that will forever remain changed for the better.

God Blessed Grandpa "Mike" Stone! I know he's doing his best to return that favor with every effort on the other side of the veil. In this mortal life, he taught many things by humble example. I can't wait to get to the other side and see the impact his example will have become on his many new and oldest friends 💞 He was and is such a great man! I love you Grandpa and I cherish the bond we immediately had upon first meeting over Christmas! These memories will forever find place within my heart

PS: Grandpa loved the view here on a nice sunny day. The day of his funeral was so beautiful and clear that I took a picture from our 2nd floor room in the home he lived in.


-- It's funny because every time I've typed "live" my phone wants to auto-correct it to "love" and I feel like that explains Grandpa better than I ever could."


We love you, Jason.  Thank you for this beautiful, heartfelt, loving tribute to my dad.

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice tribute. I am so happy to call him my son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete