Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Mom and Dad's Headstone

Yesterday I got the proofs back for Mom and Dad's headstone.  I designed it myself.  Well, I gave them a rough idea of what I wanted it to look like and it's almost exactly the same.

This is the final proof that their designers came up with that we chose.


They said it should take 12 to 14 weeks for production.  The portraits will be diamond hand etched into the granite by an artist. They said it will look better than laser etching.  I hope they are right because it was a pretty penny.

I had to get approval from the cemetery before I could send final approval to the headstone people.  So I got that this morning and of course had to add $300 on for LMP.  That's shoptalk for lawnmower proof beveled edges.  But I got it all finalized now we just have to wait a few months for production.  I don't know why it takes so long.

I am excited to see the final product.  I think I did an excellent design if I do say so myself.  :-)

By the way just for reference, here is the version I sent them as an example of what I wanted. Those designers didn't have to do much did they?


I have been wanting to go visit Dad's grave ever since the funeral.  I finally got to go today.  It was a nice outing with Mom and Lisa.  Beautiful hot sunny day just like the day of the funeral.


I miss you Dad! Wookatah wookatah.

No comments:

Post a Comment