Tuesday, March 31, 2020

RIP Joe Diffie

One of my favorite country artists just died on Sunday, March 29.  Joe Diffie was 61 years old and died from complications of the COVID-19 infection.

I knew all of Joe Diffie's songs by heart in the 90s.  I had all (or at least most) of his albums.  And listened to them frequently.  In fact, I have always enjoyed listening to music as a favorite pastime.  I never cared much for movies or television.  But I loved turning on my 100 CD jukebox and singing along to all my favorite songs.

I often used the repeat button on my favorite songs.  And could listen to the same song over and over all day.  I did that in my car a lot also.  :-)

My favorite Joe Diffie song that got a lot of repeat play was, "So Help Me Girl".

In searching for a recent live version to post here on my blog in honor of Joe Diffie, I was sad to see how rough he looked and sounded.

Here is a live version of, "So Help Me Girl" by Joe Diffie from September 2018.


Here is the album version:


Some of my other favorites of Joe Diffie include: A Night to Remember, Is It Cold in Here, Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox, If You Want Me To... to name a few.

Look them up and listen to some of them.  You won't be disappointed.

Thank you for the music, Joe Diffie.  RIP my friend!

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. He had some good songs! I remember so help me girl. Good one! JULIET

    ReplyDelete