Monday, December 14, 2020

RIP Charley Pride

On Saturday, December 12, 2020 the country music world lost another legend.  Charley Pride died at age 86.

I always liked Charley Pride.  I didn't know him personally, obviously, but he came across as a true southern gentleman to me.  And he sang real country music.  I'm listening to him right now on my iTunes.  And I will be all day.  His albums will be on repeat.  :-)

My favorite Charley Pride song is "Roll On Mississippi".  I also really like "Is Anybody Goin' to San Antone?".  Of course, his most well known song is, "Kiss an Angel Good Morning".  "Kaw-Liga" is a fun song too.  I don't think there is a Charley Pride song I don't like.



RIP Charley Pride.  Another great one gone. A true country music legend and a wonderful person.  Thanks for the great music, Charley.  You will be missed.

That's my two cents.

1 comment:

  1. "Roll on Mississippi" has always been my favorite Charley Pride song. Reminds me if my childhood even though I didn't grow up on the Mississippi. Although I did serve next to the Mississippi on my mission.

    ReplyDelete