Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Happy Groundhog Day

 As most of you know, Groundhog Day is one of my favorite holidays.  I like it because it's fun and obscure. Most people don't remember that Groundhog Day is on February 2.  Of course, people like me do.

Anyway, apparently Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning and predicted six more weeks of winter.

Although here, it's rainy so no groundhog would see their shadow here.  So perhaps we may have an early spring this year.

I don't know why a groundhog in Pennsylvania predicts the weather for the whole nation.  I think local groundhogs should predict their weather for their area.  I'm not sure but I think groundhogs are widely distributed throughout North America.

At any rate, Groundhog Day is a fun holiday to celebrate every year.


Happy Groundhog Day everybody!

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment