Tuesday, October 26, 2021

License to Kill?

A few days ago I hastily wrote a post about Alec Baldwin killing a woman, by shooting her with a gun, and injuring a man on a movie set. My point was to show the hypocrisy of Alec Baldwin and all leftists.  In that post I mentioned that I have my doubts about it being an accident.  There's just something fishy about this story.  At the time I did not elaborate, but I will now.

A few months ago I watched the old Charlie's Angels series from the 70s.  In one of the episodes actors were filming a movie scene -- sound familiar?  The bad guy (the killer) puts a gun with real bullets in place of the prop gun.  I don't remember the details of this episode very well but obviously the killer wanted somebody dead. Perhaps someone on the set of "Rust" also remembers this episode.

I'm very skeptical that this senseless killing is just a tragic, unfortunate accident.  At the very least it is criminal negligence.  At the most it is first degree murder. To determine which, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered.

I'm not an actor (thankfully) and have no knowledge about what safety precautions are standard practice on a movie set. But I believe that there must be several safety checks performed before a real gun with a firing mechanism is is used to fire at someone in a movie scene.  And why must a real gun with a real firing mechanism be used to pretend to shoot at and/or kill someone?  Especially in today's age of technology.  It's hard to distinguish what is real and fake anymore because they can make anything look real in Hollywood.

In any case, why are live bullets even on a movie set?  And why did Alec Baldwin point a real gun with a real firing mechanism at crew members?   I believe the woman he shot and killed was a cinematographer -- not an actor.  And the injured man standing behind her was the director.  That is my understanding.  So why would  a hard-core anti-gun leftist point a real gun with a real firing mechanism at real-life humans and pull the trigger?  My dad always taught me that every gun is always loaded.  Any responsible gun owner or user knows that you never point a gun at people and you never put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to fire.

I just don't see how Alec Baldwin is not somehow culpable in this woman's death.  I get that he is not a firearms expert.  And he may have believed that the weapon was not loaded.  But anyone who pulls the trigger on a firearm bears at least some responsibility for the outcome of their actions.  There are exceptions of course, for example in self-defense or times of war.  But certainly on a movie set someone is responsible for someone being shot and killed.  Whether it is negligence or murder has yet to be determined.

At the very least, Alec Baldwin should be charged with criminal negligence and/or involuntary manslaughter.  Whatever the legal terms are.  Because as both actor and producer, he is responsible either way.

That may sound harsh, and I don't know the full story of what happened..  But, just because you're a rabid anti-gun leftist actor doesn't give you license to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger then place the blame on someone else and not face any consequences.  Hypocrites are just as responsible for their actions as anyone else.

That's my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment