Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Maintain a Firm Stance

I don't know when I will get around to finishing the post I've been working on, it might take a few days. I got another great "gem" in my e-mail today so I figured I would post it.

"It requires courage to make good choices, even when others around us choose differently. As we make righteous choices day by day in little things, the Lord will strengthen us and help us choose the right during more difficult times. "The teachings and values we cherish the most are not embraced by a secular world. To maintain a firm stance for ourselves and our children, the message of the restored gospel must be firmly planted in our hearts and taught in our homes."
W. Craig Zwick, "We Will Not Yield, We Cannot Yield," Ensign, May 2008, 98

I have noticed this to be true. The more right, good choices I make, the easier it is to continue making good choices. Sometimes it does take courage to choose the right especially when most people in the world do not share our values. We must maintain a firm stance.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. This is true. It also works the other way. The more bad choices we make, the easier it gets to keep making bad choices and the harder it becomes to make good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen great blessings by standing firm in my standards even when others have mocked me for it.

    ReplyDelete