Monday, February 2, 2009

Prayer

Since I haven't done a post in a few days, I thought I would put this quote on my blog today. It is my "daily gem" today. I have been working on my next post but haven't been able to complete it yet so hopefully tomorrow I will get it done. In the meantime, enjoy this quote by Elder David A. Bednar.

"I long have been impressed with the truth that meaningful prayer requires both holy communication and consecrated work. Blessings require some effort on our part before we can obtain them, and prayer, as 'a form of work, . . . is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings' (Bible Dictionary, "Prayer," 753). We press forward and persevere in the consecrated work of prayer, after we say 'amen,' by acting upon the things we have expressed to Heavenly Father. Asking in faith requires honesty, effort, commitment, and persistence."
David A. Bednar, "Ask in Faith," Ensign, May 2008, 95

Sometimes it's hard to remember that we must put forth effort and work for blessings we ask for in prayer. We must do all that we can and then ask Heavenly Father for those things which we need or want. For instance, if we are sick, we must do all within our power to get better, such as seeing a doctor, taking prescribed medicine, getting enough sleep, eating well, etc. and after all we can do, then Heavenly Father will bless us with healing, if it be His will. If we ask Him in prayer.

That's my two cents.

5 comments:

  1. I was happy to see your posting because I knew that meant you were feeling a little better. I bet everyone is wondering what your favorite flower is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice tam, glad to see you back on the blog! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Big "T", glad to see you are taking your own advice, by going to the Dr. today. It made me real happy. Now I shall humble myself, and work on the many faults that continuosly haunt me. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted my flower yesterday morning. All you have to do is go read the post and the answer is there.

    ReplyDelete