Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Leaky Roof

Mom and I discovered today that our roof is leaking. We have heard water dripping before which sounded like it was dripping in the fireplace. But today while I was getting my hair put up we kept hearing water dripping in my room. Come to find out it's actually dripping through the ceiling onto the carpet. Can you believe that? This is a brand-new house. We have only lived here not even a year and a half yet. I can't believe the shoddy workmanship nowadays. What happened to craftsmanship and taking pride in your work? It seems to me like everything comes down to money. How much money they can get out of you for the least amount of work. It is disgusting. People used to have integrity and take pride in their work. I guess those days are gone. What a sad commentary on our society.

That's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. That is awful! There is NO reason a brand new roof on a brand new house should be leaking after a year and a half. Wow--somebody should be coming back and fixing that FREE of charge. But after what you have gone through with the construction of that house, we all know that doesn't happen in Washington. Unbelievable.

    I was going to email you but email is down. It says they are working on something and to try back in an hour, but I wanted to let you know I just got back from taking the biology test. So happy to have that out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is terrible tam! i can't believe it! i am not surprised though with the construction problems you have had with that house. maybe aaron and mike can help dad fix it.

    ReplyDelete