Monday, August 17, 2009

Cocaine Tainted Money

I just read a news article that stated that 90% of US currency is contaminated with cocaine. Isn't that a sad commentary on our society? Some of the major cities such as Detroit, Boston, Orlando, Miami, Los Angeles, etc. had 100% of their bills test positive for cocaine. Salt Lake City came in at 77%. Don't worry, there's not enough cocaine on the bills to affect your health. But the bad thing about this is that people who handle money a lot, i.e. people who work in a bank and use counting machines, are being exposed to the cocaine when the money is counted. The cocaine becomes airborne, they breathe it in and can test positive for cocaine on a drug test.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting so I thought I would share it on my blog. And since lately, I've been talking about the sad state of our society, I thought I would use this as yet another example.

That's my two cents.

If you would like to read the article, click on the title and it will link you to the article.

1 comment: